How Do I...
Apply for a library card
Groton residents must present proof of Groton residency to obtain a Groton Public Library card. Proof of residency must include name and street address (for example, a driver's license or car registration).
- Adults and students in 6th grade and up may obtain their library cards at the Information Desk.
- Children, ages 4-11, may obtain their library cards at the Information Desk. At the time of application, a parent or guardian must present proof of his/her residency and sign the child's application form.
- Library cards are issued at no charge to Groton residents, and will be valid for three (3) years from the date of issue.
- Summer residents may obtain a four-month library card for $6.00. Out-of-state residents may obtain a twelve-month library card for $20.00 These temporary library cards are valid only at the Groton Public Library.
Reserve a Meeting Room
The application to reserve a Meeting Room is here.
Search the catalog
1. Start at the library catalog .
2. Login to the catalog if you want to place holds, renew materials, or review your account using your library card barcode and password.
3. Type your search terms in the empty box and click the green “Search” button.
4. The computer searches your terms as a word or phrase. There are two options to narrow your search on the blue bar. The first option is if you click the down arrow on the box that is labelled “Everything”. This will allow you to narrow your search to audiobooks, historical collection, large print, magazines, movies, music cds or new books. The other option is if you click on the down arrow in the box labelled “All Fields” you can change your search to an author, title, subject or series search.
5. Search Results: will list the titles and to see for more information, click on the blue title of the item you would like to see and a detailed display with the call number and location will appear.
Manage my account
Check My Account or PIN
1. Access the library’s catalog
2. At the top of the page in the white space, you will see an option for “My Account”. Click on that option.
3. Type your library card number which is on the back of your library card into the box that will pop up on the screen. Don’t include spaces or hyphens.
4. If this is your first time logging in to “My Account”, your Password / PIN will be changeme. Type this into the Password/PIN box.
5. Once you are logged in you will see the option to change your Password/PIN. Click on this option.
6. Enter your old Password/PIN in the first box.
7. Then make up a PIN that you can remember easily. Your PIN should be at least 4 characters long and may be either letters, numbers or a combination. Enter what you want your new PIN to be in the next two boxes.
8. Click on the button that says “Update.”
9. You will get a message in green that your PIN has been changed.
10. If you have forgotten your PIN, click on the red text that says “Forgot my PIN”. You will be asked to enter you library card number and then you will receive an email with a link for re-setting your PIN.
On the My Account window, you can review bills and checkouts, renew items you have checked out, change or cancel hold requests, view messages and requests from the library, and reply to library messages.
The Circulation Department handles questions about lost items.
We use Overdrive.
Get help here.
Sign up for the newsletter
Borrow a museum pass
Click to see a list of passes. Passes circulate for two days. Call the library to reserve a pass.
How do I become a volunteer?