Information and Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register for a program?
In order to register, you will need to create a household account on our program registration website. You can create your account, browse available programs and register.
What is the difference between Groton Parks and Recreation and City of Groton Parks and Recreation?
Everyone in "Groton" lives within the Town of Groton and is a resident for our programs.
The City of Groton is a borough within the Town of Groton and it has its own parks and recreation department that operates Washington Park, Eastern Point Beach and serves primarily those who reside in the borough.
Since the City is a part of the Town, people who live in the City of Groton are "both" City of Groton and Town of Groton residents and they can enjoy programs offered by either department as residents since they pay taxes to both.
City of Groton Parks and Recreation 860-446-4128.
How do I contact youth sports leagues?
Groton Soccer Club James Southers 860-303-5197
Groton Lacrosse email@example.com
Groton Mystic Youth Football and Cheerleading GMFVP@yahoo.com
Groton/Mystic Softball mysticlittleleague.com
Groton Little League 860-857-5732 firstname.lastname@example.org
Mystic Little League Chris Chappel 201-924-2522 mysticlittleleague.com
Groton Parks and Recreation is committed to providing the highest quality service to our customers. If you are not fully satisfied with any of our services or classes, please give us the opportunity to resolve your issue.
To be considered a Resident, you must have your primary residence in the Town of Groton. Please note, we reserve the right to request proof of residency. We welcome non-resident neighbors to register for most programs, but an additional non-resident fee of $20 for classes or $10 for one-day events is charged.
Refunds may be granted for requests received prior to the start of the second meeting date for normal programs.
- No Refunds after the 2nd class except refunds for summer camps must be made two weeks in advance of the starting date
- A $15 administrative fee is charged for any money returned
- Administrative fees are waived if the class is cancelled or when a refund is placed on account
- Please allow 2 weeks from request for refund checks to be processed. Refunds by credit card are applied the next business day.
Discounts: Save 20% - 65%
We are committed to providing opportunities for all residents, regardless of ability to pay! Discounts apply to every Recreation program and are awarded to resident families that meet income limits and there is no limit on the number of programs discounted.
In order to claim the discount, bring a copy of your most recent federal income tax filing(s) to the Groton Parks & Recreation Admin Office located at 27 Spicer Ave (next to Beebe Cove in Noank). We can't accept electronic copies, fax copies or information over the phone.
We encourage anyone eligible for discounts to use them!
Discounts are available for Groton Residents only. Sorry, discounts are not available on Thrive55+ programs and cannot be awarded retroactively.
It's Easy as 1-2-3.
- Determine Your Income
- Total Income from Form 1040 (Line 9)
- If married filing separately, combine figures from both income tax filings!
- Determine Household Size
- Number of people listed on your income tax filing(s)
- If your Total Income is less than the amount listed for your Household Size on the chart you qualify for a Discount!
|Household Size||Total Annual Income|
In order to claim the discount or to get more information, please contact us at 860-536-5680.
Discounts expire on April 30 of each year.
Grants: Assistance available to pay for programs.
Program Grants (no residency requirement)
Many of our customers donate money to help those who are struggling to pay participate. Grants are issued based on need and have no set limits. Program Grant Request Form Subvención para el programa de recreación
Request For Assistance or Program Modification
We welcome participation by everyone and we've taken steps to ensure that all programs and activities we offer are available to children and adults with disabilities. Please contact Eileen Cicchese before you register to request any modifications to enable participation. To assist us in evaluating what type of assistance we can provide, please fill out a Recreation Assessment form.
Cancellations and Weather
At times it may be necessary to cancel programs due to circumstances beyond our control. Every effort is made to notify participants and schedule make-up sessions. Programs may be canceled due to low enrollment.
- If schools are closed, all classes scheduled to begin prior to 3:00 p.m. are canceled. A decision to cancel afternoon and evening classes is made by 1:00 p.m.
- If schools are dismissed early due to weather conditions, classes scheduled after 3:00 p.m. are canceled.
- If schools have a delayed opening due to weather conditions, programs scheduled to begin prior to 3:00 p.m. are canceled.
- Decisions for weekend programs are made by 7:00 a.m. for morning classes and 11 a.m. for afternoon and evening classes. Cancellation information will be available by calling us at 860-441-6791 and on our Facebook page.
Participant Behavior, Safety and Conduct
Participants in programs and users of Town of Groton Parks and Recreation Department facilities are expected to exhibit appropriate behavior at all times. Participants shall behave in a safe and responsible manner, show courtesy and respect to other participants, volunteers and staff, and treat equipment and facilities with care. Groton Parks and Recreation Department uses a positive approach to behavior management. However, the Department reserves the right to take appropriate action based on an evaluation of each situation on its own merits.
If you appear impaired or under the influence of drugs or alcohol, we will suggest that you allow us to help find someone to drive you and your child home. We will notify proper authorities if refused.
Code of Conduct