Groton Senior Citizens Club 55
Thrive55+ Active Living Center: Powered by Groton Senior Center's Club 55 is open to all Town of Groton, Connecticut residents 55 years and older. The club sponsors events at the Thrive55+ Active Living Center: Powered by Groton Senior Center, raises money for community service projects, intergenerational programs and programs for seniors. Club dues are $5.00 per year per person and give club members an advantage of a discounted price at Club 55 social events.
Please join us in "Helping Seniors and the Community"! Visit our webpage at grotonclub55.com or email us at email@example.com.
During the past year the Groton Senior Citizens Club has given or donated the following:
- 2- $500 Scholarship awards + Coleen Post award + Dean Award
- 1 new treadmill
- repair of 2 other treadmills
- $2,000 for fuel assistance
- $250 for Thanksgiving turkeys
- $250 for Christmas turkeys
- $300 for Christmas presents for Children
- 1 new hairdresser chair
- An automatic defibrillator for annex building
- $500 for repairs of Jabez Smith house
- $500 for Grasso Tech (BioScience-envirement program)
- We have sent 65 boxes of clothing to Landsthul Regional Medical Center For Wounded Soldiers
- You get discounts on certain club functions
- You can volunteer or just attend
- At the Christmas dinner you get $5.00 off the price.
- Above all that you get to be a member of one the best organizations in Groton!
Be proud to be a senior - It took years to get here!