Join the Parks & Recreation Commission!
It is the purpose of the Town of Groton Parks and Recreation Commission to be the liaison of the residents of the Community for guiding the Parks and Recreation Department to the fulfillment of its mission.
The Commission meets once a month, the second Wednesday of the month at Spicer House or via Zoom.
The primary functions of the Commission are:
- To maintain the highest quality and standard of recreation and park services.
- To advise in the planning of parks and recreational areas and facilities.
- To initiate the planning for future parks and recreational areas and facilities.
- To serve as a sounding board through which the Department's administration may test their plans and ideas.
- To serve as a forum for introducing innovative and new ideas, concepts, programs, policies and procedures.
- To foster the awareness of the social, cultural, economic, environmental and personal benefits of a comprehensive public recreation program.