Welcome to the Town of Groton, Connecticut

Information for Those Facing Eviction

From Representative Christine Conley: 

  • If you are seeking shelter, please call 211 for a referral.
  • The Right to Council Program is funded by the State and allows tenants who are income-eligible to have an attorney represent them through CT Legal Services for no charge.
    • Even if you are over the income levels, you can still get general advice by calling 800-559-1565 or visiting www.evictionhelp.ct.org.
  • Also check out Unite CT, which helps eligible folks with aid and relocation services.
  • CT Legal Services is another great resource that provides help to residents. Their New London office is located at 125 Eugene O’Neil Drive 1st Floor, New London. They can also be reached at 860-447-0323.
  • When transfers of property occur, rents can increase, and the town has services for rent changes and housing accommodations. Reach out to Groton’s Fair Rent Commission and Marchell Magxaka, Neighborhood & Community Planner at 860-446-5976 or mmagxaka@groton-ct.gov.
  • Department of Housing.  Call 860-270-8262 or 1-877-428-8844 or email at http://cthousingsearch.org 
  • In addition, TVCCA’s services and Home Again project helps residents finding affordable housing and have programs to help with housing vouchers as well. They can be reached at 860-889-1365.
  • Town of Groton Human Services, 860-441-6760
  • Finally, the New London Homeless Hospitality Center provides housing for adults experiencing homelessness. They can be reached at 860-439-1573.
Rep. Conley has offered to help those who may need it by calling her at 800-842-8267.